About Ward Law Offices, LLC
Alexander Ward opened Ward Law Offices, LLC, in January 2018 to expand his practice and establish his own clientele. The practice focuses on appellate advocacy, criminal defense, and general civil litigation, including family law and unemployment compensation appeals. Mr. Ward uses a collaborative approach to identify each client's specific concerns, explore their options, and then work together to achieve an effective outcome.
Mr. Ward has a unique combination of experience as a judicial law clerk and success in private in practice. He gained extensive insight into the judicial process through his 7 years as a law clerk, during which time he authored hundreds of judicial opinions and observed numerous civil and criminal trials.
At Ward Law, we believe in using the legal process to empower the client and achieve the best possible outcomes. We work hard to provide the zealous representation you deserve, to ensure that you are treated fairly and with dignity throughout the legal process.
About Alexander Ward, Esq., LL.M.
Alexander Ward is a 2007 graduate of The Pennsylvania State University, The Dickinson School of Law. He graduated in the top 15% of his class at Dickinson and was selected for membership in the Woolsack Honor Society. Mr. Ward was also a member of the Penn State International Law Review and the National Appellate Moot Court Team.
After graduation, Mr. Ward worked as a judicial law clerk for Judges Paula Roscioli and Leonard Zito of the Northampton County Court of Common Pleas. He joined the criminal defense firm Lauer & Fulmer at the end of 2013. At Lauer & Fulmer, Mr. Ward focused on criminal appeals and post-conviction litigation, including a successful appeal to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court on the issue of juvenile life without parole.
Mr. Ward started his own law firm in 2018, Ward Law Offices, LLC, and joined the Northampton County Public Defender's office as a part-time Assistant Public Defender in January 2020. In May of 2020, Mr. Ward obtained his LL.M. in Trial Advocacy from the Temple University Beasley School of Law.
Mr. Ward is admitted to the Pennsylvania and New Jersey bar, along with the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and New Jersey federal court. When not practicing law, he enjoys physical activities like hiking and bicycling, reading, and spending time with his lovely wife, Kristina, and their pit bull terrier, Duck. Mr. Ward is active in his community and received the 2019 pro bono award from the Northampton County Bar Association.
- Appellate Advocacy
- Criminal Defense
- General Civil Litigation
- Unemployment Compensation
- Family Law
- The Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, PA, LL.M in Trial Advocacy, May 2020
- The Pennsylvania State University, The Dickinson School of Law, Carlisle, PA, J.D., May 2007
- The Wharton Evening School at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, August 2004
- The University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, B.S., School of Family Studies, May 2000
- Pennsylvania, 2007
- New Jersey, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2015
- Commonwealth v. Batts, 163 A.3d 410 (Pa. 2017), Pa. Supreme Court
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Paula A. Roscioli, 2007 to 2008
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Leonard N. Zito, 2008 to 2013
- Associate Attorney, Lauer & Fulmer, P.C., 2014 to 2017
Current Employment Position
- Managing Member and CEO, Ward Law Offices, LLC
- Assistant Public Defender, Northampton County Office of the Public Defender
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, North Penn Legal Services
- Woolsack Honor Society (Law School top 15%)
- Outstanding Senior Editor, Penn State International Law Review
- National Appellate Moot Court Team
- North Penn Legal Services, 2014 to Present
- Positive Conflict Resolution, Easton Area Middle School, 2016 to 2019
- American Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Northampton County Bar Association, Member and Solo Law Committee Chair
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL), Member